Bob Griese Juan Pablo Montoya


Bob Griese had something of a senior moment today during today’s Ohio State – Minnesota college football game that was broadcast on ESPN when he made a somewhat racist comment about NASCAR driver Juan Pablo Montoya (who isn’t even Mexican – he’s in fact Columbian):

Chris Spielman (during a promo for the Martinsville NASCAR event): “Where’s Montoya?”
Bob Griese: “He’s out having a taco.”

Griese apologized later in the game, saying “Juan Pablo Montoya is one of the best drivers in NASCAR. I just want to apologize for the comment I made earlier in the ballgame.”

He later apologized again for his out of bounds NASCAR comment during the Florida – Mississippi State game, saying “Earlier today on our game I made an offensive comment regarding Juan Pablo Montoya as part of a NASCAR promo.It was regrettable and I should not have said it. I really enjoy NASCAR and I follow it closely and would like to take this opportunity to apologize to Juan, NASCAR and everyone else who heard my comment.”

Do you think Griese should be reprimanded, or is this getting blown out of proportion?
WATCH NOW:

Related searches:
bob griese drunk, bob griese, bob griese nascar comment, bob griese comment, juan pablo montoya

Share/Bookmark